Monday, September 19, 2011

Out of Their Elements


                                      
Most girls claim they're addicted to shoes, they're purse lovers, or that they can't leave the house without topping off their outfit with little sparkle. My daily intake of visual stimulation happens mostly when I get ready for the day. I'm the girl that can't leave the house without my security blanket of finely crafted metals. My hands are never left without rings. My left wrist is decorated with a gradient of metallics that vary between the rosey gold and silver. The patina of my bronze Nefertiti arm cuff almost blends in with my lower bicep's skin. Confession: "My name is Rye and I'm a jewelry junkie..." I have piles, boxes, and trays of jewelry in my room and the BBV room.  I have decided to put it all to use!
       I recently perused this month's VOGUE Brit issue and was enamored by Lanvin's choker necklace. I grabbed my needle nose pliers and got to work! I used the roses as inspiration and added two other elements. It's nothing insane, but I kinda' like it. I barely ever share my work in fear of public mockery or unsolicited edits, but here it is, ladies!


 

1 comment:

  1. Rye! I was browsing your blog while taking a break from artwork and saw your necklace...ummm love it! So unique, beautiful, creative - I can't wait to see what else you create!! Anthro has nothing on you :)

    ReplyDelete