Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Sheers

Image via: American Apparel
      With my love for knits and with the summer heat rising, I have found myself reaching less for my lived-in chunky sweaters and leaning more towards the intuitive “wear less, sweat less” mentality. This should not be an option when the currently trending sheer button downs exist. Billowy and airy, this option is a go-to for the layer lovers of autumn and winter. Through the years I have built up an interesting collection of such tops ranging from a cobalt blue that features a geisha to painterly mustard yellow depicting a provincial street scene…some less bizarre than others,but each in the line-up for this summer for sure.  American Apparel features these tops in a racier manner, but offers it in an amazing color palette.  Labels like Coincidence and Chance and Silence and Noise, found at U.O., make the blouses ultra femme with touches of pleating and scalloping.
Don't you just love the sunlight shining through? I wear this top when I'm feeling fancy and with its length almost hitting my knee, a slip will do the trick for covering up.  

Purchased from the local thrift shop, the blouse is a great display of how varied these pieces can come: colored, patterned, AND textured! With this in mind, I kept the accessories to a minimum. 
Happy hunting, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. loving the second blouse, so gorgeous. i definitely need to add more of these to my late summer/early fall wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete